Instruction on how to map hit data from physical
space to electronic space
The code to demonstrate mapping from physical space to
electronic space is in the package svac/EngineeringModelRoot stored in SAS cvs.
Below is instructions on how to check out and build the code.
- Assume you have a working directory $workDir such as /nfs/farm/g/glat/u06/eduardo/work/. Assume
that the version for EngineeringModelRoot package is v1r3p11. Assume that the version for EngineeringModel
- cd $workDir, mkdir EngineeringModelRoot, mkdir
- cd EngineeringModelRoot/v1r3p11
- cvs co -d . -r v1r3p8 svac/EngineeringModelRoot
- you should be able to see some check out directories like cmt, src, pl
- if you just want to know how to map, please take a look at src/GeoToElec.h
and src/GeoToElec.cxx which contain mapping info.
- cd cmt
- cmt config
- edit GlastRelease.env, assuming $emRoot
such as /nfs/farm/g/glast/u09/builds/rh_gcc32/EngineeringModel/EngineeringModel-v4r060302p6
is where your EM package is built, change
CMTPATH to /nfs/farm/g/glat/u06/eduardo/work/:/nfs/farm/g/glast/u09/builds/rh_gcc32/EngineeringModel/EngineeringModel-v4r060302p6
- source GlastRelease.env
- There are many applications in the package such as codes to
build the svac ntuple. If you just want to
build the application demonstarting the mapping,
Type make HitOccupancy you should be able to build
the executable successfully
- cd ../rh9_gcc32
- run HitOccupancy.exe $digiRootFile $outputFile
where $digiRootFile is the full path of the digi root file to be
processed and $outputFile is name of the output root file which would
contain 3 histograms of hit occupancy in the electronic space.