Post 0dB Random Vibration Test Inspection Report – Action Item n.2 NCR. 002
INFN-Pisa, SLAC-Pisa, GSFC
- Tower placed on the table in the assembly
configuration, upside-down position.
- Control accelerometer –x removed from the
- Flex cables unplugged by removing the
cable holding plug adaptors.
- Visual inspection of the bottom tray shows
that the corner flexure screws (-x,+y), (+y,+x), (-y,+x) have no torque
and that the one at (-x,-y) flexure corner is protruding of about 2 mm,
while the eight central flexure seem to be in the right position.
- Corner flexure screws to the fixture
easily removed showing no torque.
- Cable holding plate removed.
- Check of the torque values of the eight
central flexure screws to the fixture: 6/8 have still the nominal torque
of 2.9 Nm; the other 2 screws have no torque: one on the +y side and one
on the + x side (screws corresponding to the slot holes).
- Central flexure screws removed.
- Thermal strap screws removed.
- Fixture removed.
- Flex cables appear abrased at the fixture
passing slit level.
- Visual inspection of the fixture holes
corresponding to the corner flexure screws show damage. The holes
corresponding to the central screws show no visible damage.
- Screws on the –X side-wall checked for
torque: no change in the nominal values of 0.4 Nm.
- Side-wall –X removed: no damage observed
on the side-wall surface or the –X side of the trays.
- Visual inspection of the inserts of the
trays show no damage.
- Side-wall –X is re-assembled.
- Tower packed in the internal metal
container ready for shipping container.