July 9, 2004
- The alignment program was successfully developed at SLAC last week.
- This week the program is was tested in Pisa.
Tower-A Mid Tray Panels
- ASTM coupon tests were done to characterize the peel strength of the
3M-2216 adhesive versus temperature and showed no issue up to well
- Tungsten-Kapton coupons were made and tested with various surface
preparations. Bead blasting showed a factor of 2.5 increase in
peel strength compared with the previous technique and also gave
much better uniformity to the bond.
- Bead blasting of all the tungsten plates will be done next week.
Top/Bottom Tray Panels
- The Tower-A panel was fabricated and measured. The metrology
procedure was improved this week and measurements will be repeated
- The closeouts for the top tray were machined.
- 45 flight MCMs were reworked at Zentek and tested at SLAC. None of
them showed any problems with register readback after the rework,
including tests at -30C. These will go to Pisa Monday.
- Improved pitch adapters are in production, finally, with 50 due next
Tray Assembly (MCM and ladder integration)
- The complete process was finalized. One last change was made, to add
nuts to the grounding pins to make good ground contact of the pin to
the front side of the MCM.
- MCMs and ladders were mounted on the first two flight trays. They
will be wire bonded over the weekend and tested Monday.
- 2 sets of flight cables were delivered to INFN.
- 6 EGSE cables were also delivered to Pisa, along with connector savers.
- The Tower-A set is in work in the SLAC shop and should be completed
- Enough studs, cones, hex bushings and nuts were procured for Tower A.
- The cable holding plate is in fabrication and due today.
- The lifting fixture should be completed today and tested tomorrow.
- The inner shipping container is in fabrication and will be ready
early next week.
- More vibe fixtures are in fabrication.
- Cable bending tools are in work at SLAC