June 11, 2004
- Flight cones, studs, shims, and hex bushings are on order from AMT.
- Nitronic-60 nuts are on order from Diamond Tool and Die.
- Work is in progress on the remaining GSE tools for installation.
Bottom/Top Tray Panels
- The assembly drawings are completed and released.
- The new EM bottom tray was assembled this week and is being
dimensionally checked by CMM today.
- The static test will be executed on the EM bottom tray this weekend.
- Top tray closeouts are ready to be machined.
- The Tower-A bottom tray will be assembled next week.
Mid Tray Panels
- 17 trays have been completed through ESPI testing, and
7 trays are completed up through vibration testing.
- 85 MCMs were completed at Teledyne as of a week ago.
- We expect that 99 will have been completed by COB today.
- Steps are being taken to get the rate back up to 5/day next week.
- An MRB is being held on Monday to decide whether to rework the
MCMs with 75-ohm termination resistors on the clock busses.
Tray Assembly (MCM and ladder integration)
- Assembly drawings are ready to go out for sign-off.
- The procedure document is out for review.
- The outcome of work at G&A this week is that the MCM mounting tooling
needs another tweak. Tray assembly should start next week, and we
will investigate with G&A how to make up the schedule slip.
- Prepreg is at Plyform.
- There have been some problems with procuring the desired aluminum foil,
so we are looking at a possible change in spec to use a foil quickly
available in Italy.
- The release of the assembly specification document is still in iterations.
- The flight cables are on order, with 2 sets due July 8.
Tower Assembly and Alignment
- Work is moving forward to develop and test the alignment procedure using
at SLAC the I&T mockup tower.
- After the EM vibration test, that tower (with its flight-like bottom
tray) will be used to test the procedures in Pisa.
- The vibration fixture should be done in the SLAC shop today.
- The studs were coated and Monday/Tuesday will be fitted with
- Plans are in work to hand carry these items to Pisa mid next week.
- TRR end of next week.
- We are shooting to start the vibe test June 21.