June 25, 2004
EM Vibration Test
- The test setup began Monday at Alenia and all test cases in z, y,
and x were completed by COB Thursday, one day early.
- All preliminary results point to a completely successful test. The
frequency shifts after-vs-before random vibe were at most 1%. The
resonant frequencies and Q's were consistent with expectations.
No fasteners were observed to lose torque, and no damage was observed.
Tower-A Mid Tray Panels
- During thermal-vacuum testing of tray panels (no electronics or silicon),
debonding of bias circuits was observed on the tungsten side of the trays.
This is introducing a delay to review and improve the tungsten surface
preparation prior to bonding of the Kapton circuits.
- Quote for MCM resistor rework (75 ohms) are due today from Teledyne
- 36 MCMs are in burn-in at SLAC.
- Parlex is ready to start producing prototype improved pitch adapters as
soon as SLAC releases a PO to them.
Tray Assembly (MCM and ladder integration)
- G&A has successfully completed wire bonding tests on preproduction MCMs.
- The bonding procedure for MCMs has been finalized.
- They are working on finalizing the process and tests for wire bond
- Assembly of 2 non-flight trays should begin early next week.
- 6 C0 cables were received at SLAC and tested. Two of them have problems
that are under investigation.