May 21, 2004
- Some progress was made on understanding torque during static
- 34 cone-stud hardware sets are delayed until next week.
- Good progress is being made on the GSE.
Bottom/Top Tray Panels
- Top tray assembly drawings went out for release. A few details
need closure on the bottom tray assembly.
- Assembly tooling is machined and was checked dimensionally this
- The static test fixture plate was received at SLAC and inspected.
- Titatium for inserts should be in hand by today, and machining will
be done next week.
Mid Tray Panels
- 3 more panels were vibration tested with excellent results.
- The T/V procedure for panels is out for release and the setup is
ready to go at Roma-II.
- Work is in progress to peel test the black paint to resolve an NCR.
- Well more than enough for Tower A are at SLAC.
- Production and test is going smoothly now at Teledyne. The incidence
of ASIC failure on MCMs at MIP-2 testing is zero for the past couple
of weeks, after visual inspection of all the die.
- 15 MCMs will complete burn-in tomorrow, then final test. At least 11
of them should ship on Monday to Pisa (4 have an open NCR but are
- NASA QA reviewed Teledyne operations yesterday.
- G&A should complete next week tests of the new tooling and
procedures for MCM mounting.
- Material should be available today for machining the TMCM pins.
- Work is in progress at SLAC on updating the relevant assembly drawings.
- The procedure document is still in work.
- Prepreg for the first couple of towers is in transit.
- The fabrication specification document is out for release.
- Drawings have been released.
- Titanium washers are being procured and should arrive May 25.
- Finally the drawings are out for release.
Tower Assembly and Alignment
- A conceptual design was completed for an aluminum part to go on
the top of the tower to fasten the cable ends and also support
the alignment retroreflectors.
- We determined that the tower mockup being assembled by AI&T can
and will be used to debug and prove the alignment software and
- The vibration fixture drawing is released and procurement in