Tracker Recon Report
Ground Software Meeting
August 12, 2004
- Alignment algorithm now running in Gaudi framework
- Not fully operational, needs complete testing (especially rotations)
- Application of alignment constants in reconstruction is in debug stage.
- Will soon be able to do the full circle test:
- Generate events with a misaligned tower
- Run the alignment algorithm to generate alignment constants
- Apply these constants in the reconstruction to recover "perfect" geometry
- Re-structuring TkrRecon
- Two active efforts directly on restructuring TkrRecon:
- Redesign of Track Fit TDS class
- First draft of TkrTrack, containing TkrTrackHit and TkrTrackParams classes
- Not yet "perfect" but good enough to get to the next problems
- Believed to remove all problems previous classes created for converters
- Now purely data containers, no calculations allowed!
- Separate classes for use in recon (containing "math" operations)
- "Helper" classes to extract detailed information?
- Working to convert the "generic" track fit to use the above as a first
- Ok, will also modify display so results can be seen
- Redesign of cluster class
- One additional effort:
- Developing TkrRecon "event shape analysis"
- Runs on TkrClusters, hence needs redesigned TkrClusters first. Johann is
working on this.
- BadStrips calibration
- TkrSplits are needed in order to apply ToT calibration.
- First version of splits data is in the calibration database.
- Code in TkrUtil is essentially ready to use the data.
- RootPolicy issues need to be sorted out before we can use the new version
of CalibSvc and start to debug the code.
- ToT charge injection calibration
- Mechanism to apply ToT calibration in simulation is mostly in place.
- ToT calibration is not used in Recon (except crudely in AnaTup. This will
be an R&D project, and will probably be developed in the context of the
- Waiting for ToT Root file and associated database code.
- ToT muon calibration
- We need a procedure to produce constants from cosmic-ray data. (small R&D
- Need code in TkrUtil to use the constants. (small job)
- Validation of TKR geometry
- Haven't worked on this yet. (but soon!)
- Tracker JIRA items
- See Confluence page
here (well, except that the confluence page appears to be broken)
- Alignment (see above)
- Restructuring TkrRecon (see above)
- Event Filter (in progress, expect report from Johann at tracker meeting
- Improving TkrRecon Website
- Monte Carlo accounting of energy loss in Tracker
- Cal Clustering
T.Usher Last Modified: